CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
April 30, 2020 11:59 pm EST*
This award is for full-time students with majors in the performing arts including, but not limited to, drama, music, dance, opera, marching bands, and other musical ensembles.
To assist you through the application portal, here are some screen captures
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Qualified applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited academic institution
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a major and career in performing art
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or Black students and constituents of a CBC member’s district.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Part 1 – General Application
- Resume (1 page maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
TWO (2) minute visual recording sample (follow these instructions). Applicants will upload their art samples to a digital platform such as Google Drive, DropBox, Vimeo, or Youtube and provide an accessible URL with their application. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the link works properly and can be accessed from multiple reviewers. Faulty links can result in applications being disqualified.
Phone: 202.263.2800 | Email: email@example.com
Main Scholarship Page