CBC Spouses Education Scholarship
DEADLINE: April 30, 2020 11:59 pm EST
This opportunity awards scholarships to academically talented and highly motivated African-American or Black students pursuing an associates, undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Qualified applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited academic institution
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or Black students and constituents of a CBC member’s district.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Part 1 – General Application
To assist you through the application portal, here are some screen captures
- Resume (1 page maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters. Reference Portal Examples
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
TWO (2) Essay Prompts (250 word maximum each).
Phone: 202.263.2800 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Checklist