CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
DEADLINE EXTENDED: April 30, 2019 11:59 pm EST
This award is for students with majors in the visual arts including, but not limited to, architecture, ceramics, drawing, fashion, graphic design, illustration, interior design, painting, photography, sketching, video production and other decorative arts.
To assist you through the application portal, here are some screen captures
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Qualified applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited academic institution
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be pursuing a major and career in a visual art
- Exhibit leadership and community service
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Part 1 – General Application
- Resume (1 page maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
FIVE (5) original pieces of artwork from the art genre for which are you applying, with each file name showing the piece’s title, dimensions, and media (e.g. Water – 3ft x 2ft – oil on canvas).
- A video submission, no more than TWO (2) minutes, from the art genre for which are you applying.
Applicants will upload their art samples to a digital platform such as Google Drive, DropBox, Vimeo, or Youtube and provide an accessible URL with their application. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the link works properly and can be accessed from multiple reviewers. Faulty links can result in applications being disqualified. Follow these instructions
Phone: 202.263.2800 | Email: email@example.com
Main Scholarship Page