Ally Financial Law Scholars Program
The Ally Financial Law Scholars Scholarship Program established in 2021 and provides financial assistance to students pursuing a law degree. This scholarship award seeks to minimize the debt of higher education that plagues scholars after their completion of the professional degree program, with a goal of increasing the number of highly qualified and competitive law professionals entering the workforce. Ally is committed to reducing barriers to economic mobility and fostering financial and social inclusion.
• Be a U.S. citizen or current U.S. resident
• Be an incoming full-time student at an accredited law school
• Demonstrate commitment to the legal profession
• Exhibit leadership and be active within the community
• Complete 2-part online application (must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET by deadline)
• Provide Personal Statement Response –
o What makes you interested in the legal profession, and how has your personal experience prepared you for a career in law?
• Provide Video Response to Question Prompt – not to exceed 5 minutes
o Ally is committed to reducing barriers to economic mobility and fostering financial and social inclusion. Explain how your prior experiences and your pursuit of a career in the
legal field aligns with these goals.
• Provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation
• Provide Transcript
• Provide Resume (include internship/work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service, and any special skills)
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/