CBCF Reducing the Financial Barrier Scholarship (need-based)
This scholarship opportunity awards academically talented and highly motivated African American or Black scholars to reduce the financial barrier to a college degree for low-income students. The Federal Student Aid Report will be used to verify financial need based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), to include income, family size and number of family members enrolled in higher academic institutions.
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Applicant must identify as Black or African American
• Applicant must submit Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA) to demonstrate financial need
• Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale
• Applicant must be enrolled full-time at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university, or a vocational-technical school
• Open to all discipline areas
• Complete 2-part online application
• Application must be submitted by March 31, 2024, 11:59 pm EST.
• Submit video response to personal statement prompt
• Submit academic transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
• Submit resume demonstrating work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community services, and special skills
• Submit recent professional photograph suitable for publication. Photograph, must be high resolution, no less than 72 dpi (does not have to professional taken)