Ally Financial Public Policy Scholars Program
The Ally Financial Public Policy Scholars Scholarship Program established in 2021 and provides financial assistance to rising college juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in public policy. This scholarship award seeks to minimize the debt of higher education with a goal of increasing participation in the areas public policy, economic development, and civic engagement. Ally is committed to reducing barriers to economic mobility and fostering financial and social inclusion.
• Be a U.S. citizen or current U.S. resident
• Be a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university, with a classification of sophomore or junior at the time of application
• Demonstrate commitment to the public policy profession
• Exhibit leadership and be active within the community
• Complete 2-part online application (must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET by deadline)
• Provide Personal Statement Response –
o What makes you interested in the public policy profession and how has your personal experience prepared you for a career in public policy?
• Provide Video Response to Question Prompt – not to exceed 5 minutes
o Ally is committed to reducing barriers to economic mobility and fostering financial and social inclusion. Explain how your prior experiences and your pursuit of a career in public
policy aligns with these goals.
• Provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation
• Provide Transcript
• Provide Resume (include internship/work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service, and any special skills)
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/