CBCF Reducing the Financial Barrier Scholarship (need-based)
This scholarship opportunity awards academically talented and highly motivated African American or Black scholars to reduce the financial barrier to a college degree for low-income students. The Federal Student Aid Report will be used to verify financial need based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), to include income, family size and number of family members enrolled in higher academic institutions.
• Scholar must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Scholar must be African American or Black
• Scholar must submit Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA) to demonstrate financial need
• Scholar must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale
• Scholar must be enrolled full-time at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university, or a vocational-technical school
• Open to all discipline areas
• Complete 2-part online application
• Submit video response to personal statement prompt
• Submit academic transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
• Submit resume demonstrating work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community services, and special skills
• Submit recent professional photograph suitable for publication. Photograph, must be high resolution, no less than 72 dpi (does not have to professional taken)
- Supplemental Questions
- Video Response: Please discuss your academic interests and/or professional goals and how you will make change in your community with your education.
- Upload a legible copy of your current transcript in a PDF file. We must be able to read clearly the name of academic institution, student name and information, courses, grades and other information detailed on the transcript.
- Upload resume in a PDF file listing your employment, community service, academic information, extracurricular activities, honors and special skills.
- Upload a recent professional headshot suitable for publication. This photograph will be used in reports and biographies both internally and externally. Photographs should be high resolution, (5000x4000 pixels) and no less than 72 dpi.