CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
This award is for full time African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in visual arts including, but not limited to, architecture, ceramics, drawing, fashion, graphic design, illustration, interior design, painting, photography, sketching, video production and other decorative arts.
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
· Be preparing to pursue, or currently pursuing, an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree full-time at an accredited college or university. Current high school seniors are also eligible to apply.
· Be pursuing a career in the visual arts with an eligible major
· Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
· Exhibit leadership and be active in community
· Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Complete 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on day of deadline.
• Video Response: Personal Statement
• Provide samples of your creative work not to exceed 5 images (recommended to have the 5 images be themed)
• 2 Letters of Recommendation
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly into Academic Works (application portal)
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
• A recent professional photograph suitable for publication (ie. A graduation or other professional quality photograph in which the dress is formal)
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/