CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
This award is for full-time African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in performing arts including, but not limited to, drama, music, dance, opera, marching bands, and other musical ensembles.
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
· Be preparing to pursue, or currently pursuing, an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree full-time at an accredited college or university. Current high school seniors are also eligible to apply.
· Be pursuing a career in the performing arts with an eligible major
· Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
· Exhibit leadership and be active in community
· Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Complete 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on day of deadline.
• Video Response: Personal Statement (not to exceed 3 minutes)
• Provide a video of sample work not to exceed 2 minutes (must upload on YouTube platform)
• 2 Letter of recommendations
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly into Academic Works (application portal)
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
• A recent professional photograph suitable for publication (ie. A graduation or other professional quality photograph in which the dress is formal)
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/