CBC Spouses Performing Arts Scholarship
This award is for full-time African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in performing arts including, but not limited to, drama, music, dance, opera, marching bands, and other musical ensembles.
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
· Be preparing to pursue, or currently pursuing, an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree full-time at an accredited college or university. Current high school seniors are also eligible to apply.
· Be pursuing a career in the performing arts with an eligible major
· Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
· Exhibit leadership and be active in community
· Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Complete 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on day of deadline.
• Video Response: Personal Statement (not to exceed 3 minutes)
• Provide a video of sample work not to exceed 2 minutes (must upload on YouTube platform)
• 2 Letter of recommendations
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly into Academic Works (application portal)
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
• A recent professional photograph suitable for publication (ie. A graduation or other professional quality photograph in which the dress is formal)
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a legible copy of your current transcript in a PDF file. We must be able to read clearly the name of academic institution, student name and information, courses, grades and other information detailed on the transcript.
- Upload resume in a PDF file listing your employment, community service, academic information, extracurricular activities, honors and special skills.
- Upload a recent professional headshot suitable for publication. This photograph will be used in reports and biographies both internally and externally. Photographs should be high resolution, (5000x4000 pixels) and no less than 72 dpi.
- Video Response: Please discuss your academic interests and/or professional goals and how you will make change in your community with your education.
- Sample Performance Video: Please include the URL address for your sample video. Be sure to read the sample tips and requirements.
- Select an area under which your sample work will be reviewed based on your performance presented.
- If the area that best represents your sample work was not listed, please indicate.
- Show 2 more