Ally Financial Law Scholars Program
The Ally Financial Law Scholars Program seeks to increase the number of qualified, competitive African-American or Black students entering legal studies. This multi-year award supports the scholar throughout their matriculation in Law School.
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Be a full-time scholar at an accredited college or university
• Be a graduating senior entering law school upon receiving undergraduate degree
• Be a undergraduate alumni entering law school as a first year law scholar
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
• Exhibit leadership and be active in community
• Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Completed 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on the deadline date.
• Personal Statement Response
• Video Essay Response (not to exceed 5 minutes)
• 2 Letter of Recommendation
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly in Academic Works (application portal)
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
Visit the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation website for FAQs: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/