CBCF Louis Stokes Health Scholars Program, sponsored by United Health Foundation
This opportunity offers multi-year scholarships to increase the number of qualified, competitive African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in healthcare, to include, but not limited to internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics.
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree full-time at an accredited college or university. Current high school seniors are eligible to apply.
• Pursuing a major that will lead to a career as a primary health care professional
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
• Exhibit leadership and be active in community
• Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Completed 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on the deadline date.
• Video Response: Personal Statement
• 2 Letter of Recommendations
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded in Academic Works (application portal)
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
• A recent professional photograph suitable for publication (ie. A graduation or other professional quality photograph in which the dress is formal)