- International/Study Abroad
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a current CBCF fellow or Intern?
- Please briefly describe any previous international study or travel. Include location, purpose, duration, and dates abroad.
- I understand that I must be available for the entire duration of the program, March 9-16, 2019.
- Please list an institution/government organization/corporation you would like to visit while in Japan. Please explain why you would like to visit them.
- Languages spoken and level of proficiency.
- We provide a participant list to on-site partners in Japan and all accepted students prior to departure. The list will include names of participants, their home universities, and email addresses so that students may connect with each other prior to departure. I authorize CBCF staff to release my name, home institution and email address to other program participants. Passport information will be shared with in-country staff to facilitate entrance into government buildings and to secure flight bookings. I authorize CBCF to release my information for the purpose of coordinating travel arrangements of this program.
- If you are selected to participate in this program, you will be responsible for the following expenses:
(1) Passport costs, if needed (about $110.00-$200.00)
(2) $100.00 non-refundable confirmation fee, due within five business days of accepting the program offer. If you withdraw from the program after submitting the fee, it will NOT be refunded back to you.
(3) Any immunizations suggested or required by your physician to travel to Japan (most immunizations must be completed at least four to six weeks prior to travelling)
(4) Souvenirs and non-covered meals (at least $200 recommended)
- Parent/Guardian & Emergency Contact Information
- 1. Name of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 2. E-mail of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 3. Cell Number of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 4. My Emergency Contact is someone other than the parent(s)/guardian(s) listed above.
- Emergency Contact Person (if different than parent/guardian listed above).
- 1. Name
- 2. Relationship to you
- 3. E-mail Address
- 4. Work Phone
- 5. Cell Phone
- Based on your understanding of US-Japan relations, what common interests do the countries share and how are those interests relevant to your career path and/or interest in US-Japan relations?
- What cultural experience do you hope to gain from the KAKEHASHI Project and how do you plan to fit that into your future goals?
- Official Transcript
Upload a legible color copy of your current official transcript as ONE (1) PDF document (JPEG or PNG files will not be reviewed).
Your application will not be reviewed if you have not properly uploaded an official, legible copy of your transcript in its entirety (i.e. all pages) into ONE SINGLE PDF file. We must be able to clearly read the school, student name and information, courses, grades, and all other information detailed on the transcript. If you have already uploaded a transcript this year for another application, you can select it from the drop-down menu without needing to browse through your computer files.
- Official Transcript #2: If you already have a degree and are pursuing another (e.g. you have a bachelor’s degree and are pursuing a master’s), please upload the additional transcript here following the same instructions.
- Please submit the completed Entry Form. Download the entry form here.
- Show 9 more