- International/Study Abroad
- Supplemental Questions
- Official Transcript
Upload a legible color copy of your current official transcript as ONE (1) PDF document (JPEG or PNG files will not be reviewed).
Your application will not be reviewed if you have not properly uploaded an official, legible copy of your transcript in its entirety (i.e. all pages) into ONE SINGLE PDF file. We must be able to clearly read the school, student name and information, courses, grades, and all other information detailed on the transcript. If you have already uploaded a transcript this year for another application, you can select it from the drop-down menu without needing to browse through your computer files.
- Official Transcript #2: If you already have a degree and are pursuing another (e.g. you have a bachelor’s degree and are pursuing a master’s), please upload the additional transcript here following the same instructions.
- What is your view of US-Japanese cultural exchange? If you are accepted to the program, what do hope to learn and/or gain through this experience?
- Based on your understanding of US-Japan relations, what common interests do the countries share and how are those interests relevant to your career path and/or interest in US-Japan relations?
- Please list an institution/government organization/corporation you would like to visit while in Japan. Please explain why you would like to visit them.
- Please briefly describe any previous international study or travel. Include location, purpose, duration, and dates abroad.
- Languages spoken and level of proficiency.
- CBCF Alumni
- Have you participated in a CBCF program before (ex: Internship, Fellowship, Scholarship Program)?
- In what year(s) did you participate in the CBCF program referenced above?
- Please list the program(s) of which you are an alumni>
- Please answer the below questions regarding your passport. Applicants must have a valid passport at the time of application as well as during the time of the study abroad program. If you do not have a current passport, you should apply for or renew your passport prior to submitting this application. You can complete the application once you have received your passport.
- 1. Do you have a current passport?
- 2. Full name as shown on passport
- 3. Passport Number
- 4. Passport Expiration Date. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 3 months, or in some cases up to a year, beyond the end of your stay in the host country.
- 5. Country Issuing Passport
- 6. Color Copy of Passport Photo and Signature Page (IMPORTANT: Hover over the Help icon for upload instructions.)
- Parent/Guardian & Emergency Contact Information
- 1. Name of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 2. E-mail of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 3. Cell Number of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- 4. My Emergency Contact is someone other than the parent(s)/guardian(s) listed above.
- Emergency Contact Person (if different than parent/guardian listed above).
- 1. Name
- 2. Relationship to you
- 3. E-mail Address
- 4. Work Phone
- 5. Cell Phone
- Please let us know how you learned about this study abroad program.
- Please let us know which web resource(s) you use when researching study abroad programs.
- If you are a recent graduate, please list your current employer.
- City & State Where You Work
- Current Position
- We provide a participant list to on-site partners in Japan and all accepted students prior to departure. The list will include names of participants, their home universities, and email addresses so that students may connect with each other prior to departure. I authorize CBCF staff to release my name, home institution and email address to other program participants. Passport information will be shared with in-country staff to facilitate entrance into government buildings and to secure flight bookings. I authorize CBCF to release my information for the purpose of coordinating travel arrangements of this program.
- I understand that I must be available for the entire duration of the program, March 20-30, 2018.
- If you are selected to participate in this program, you will be responsible for the following expenses:
(1) Passport costs, if needed (about $110.00-$200.00)
(2) $100.00 non-refundable confirmation fee, due within five business days of accepting the program offer. If you withdraw from the program after submitting the fee, it will NOT be refunded back to you.
(3) Any immunizations suggested or required by your physician to travel to Japan (most immunizations must be completed at least four to six weeks prior to travelling)
(4) Domestic travel to and from Washington, DC
(5) Ground transportation upon arrival to and departure from Washington, DC
(6) Souvenirs and non-covered meals (at least $200 recommended)
- Show 12 more
- Official Transcript